Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 14 and 15

Yesterday was my photo shoot for my styling class. We set our alarms for 7:50am and actually were EARLY for class! We were supposed to start shooting at 10:00am... we ended up sitting around until 2:00. We started hair and make-up and an not long after were ready to trek to the canal to start shooting. MILAN IS SO HOT! The photo shoot went... well. The only challenge is communicating. The photographer and the hair/make up stylist and the model all spoke different languages. It was a good time, lemme tell ya. My model didn't even speak Italian. She was pretty stiff and couldn't do any poses I was wanting. Literally, all my photos look the same. I finally got her to do something different for ONE photo. Pretty frustrating. Needless to say after an hour and a half of this I was ready to just call it quits. The pictures weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be, but not what I was hoping for. But hey, what can I do? Finally, after getting our pictures Allison and I stopped at the market for some crackers and nutella, it was that kind of a day. Really longing America and the easy communication skills. Not to mention the way Americans work. I admit.. I'm a pretty impatient person, but Italians move at their own pace. I am so OCD when it comes to organization so when things are unorganized and chaotic, I tend to get even more impatient. Not okay.
We decided to make some grilled cheese, Allison burned hers, and the spatula. GOOD! The rest of the day was relaxing, which is just what we needed. 


Today we walked to a studio a little ways from school. It was a friend of Mateo's, and this guy is basically AMAZING. He works with all the big names... Chanel, Gucci, Armani...you name it. We shot our still life shots and chose our pictures for our 5 page spread, and our cover! Can't wait to see how it all plays out. Tomorrow we will be editing all day and putting together our final presentation. We finished school early, and finally booked a hotel for Paris! Its Paris Fashion week this week! I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning. We will be there with all the celebs and designers :) Can't wait to stalk everyone. Maybe I can sneak into a show! Oh, it gets better. Fashion Week is in Milan next week! We are going to try and see a new up and coming designer's show, pretty cool. Can't wait to see everything/everyone in Paris and for this next week! I'll also be starting a new class called Fashion Management Workshop and our professor is from California! Finally, someone American. Can't wait!





No comments:

Post a Comment